It really is time to put rocky on your radar
As the economic capital of Central Queensland, situated on major transport routes and being well connected to Major Resource Deposits, Renewable Energy Projects, the Fitzroy Food Bowl and Shoalwater Bay Military Training Area all offer great investment opportunities in the Rockhampton Region.
- Logistically well positioned with access to road, rail, air and sea networks
- A large, experienced population for your workforce, with over 80,000 in the region and nearly 500,000 people within a 3½ hour catchment
- Access to a high level of health, education and business services
- Available serviced industrial land on the northern and southern corridors for light, medium and heavy industry uses
- Close proximity to energy options such as Stanwell Power Station with a generation of more than 4000 megawatts and new renewable energy projects in the pipeline across the region providing solar, wind and battery options
- Proactive Council and State government agencies actively supporting agricultural and industrial development
- The region offers an enviable lifestyle with over 300 days of sunshine, close to all facilities and only 30 minutes to the beach and Great Keppel Island
- If fishing is your thing, you can catch barra within the city reaches
- A major events calendar with something for all, including Rockynats Car Festival at Easter each year
- A one hour flight to and from Brisbane with regular daily commercial flights
We are the gateway to Northern Australia and we are the desirable and smart location for you to do business.
Prime industrial real estate
Rockhampton is the major hub for Central Queensland, servicing mining, manufacturing and primary production operations. Our infrastructure is ready to grow with your business. On the outskirts of town, three strategically placed, fully equipped industrial facilities can manage any size and type of business. If you are interested in any of our industrial land please download our Rockhampton Region Industrial Areas brochure(PDF, 17MB) and contact the Advance Rockhampton team.
Our local economy is currently being driven by a number of major projects and the future outlook is positive with a number of major projects and infrastructure developments either in progress or in early stage planning/engineering/tender preparation stages.
The Advance Rockhampton Industry Development team is ready to assist current businesses and investors to learn and benefit from the region’s major project pipeline and the associated supply chain opportunities.
Major Projects(PDF, 307KB)