The Rockhampton Region provides a higher-order retail, services, health and education centre for the wider Central Queensland Region. The Rockhampton Region has experienced strong residential and commercial development in recent years and Council is continuing to proactively invest in infrastructure that supports growth and particularly development of the Gracemere Industrial Area.
Rockhampton and Gracemere are centrally located to major coal, LNG and infrastructure developments occurring across Central Queensland. The Bowen, Surat and Galilee coal basins are all within 500 km of Rockhampton, making the Region an ideal logistics and services hub for the resources sector.
The purpose of Council’s Development Incentives Policy is to provide tangible financial and non-financial support for projects with the following land uses:
• Aged Care & Retirement
• Destination Tourism
• Education & Training
• Farm Stay Accommodation
• Medical, Health & Community Services
- All non-residential development across the Region can be eligible for a 75% discount
- Residential development within the Inner City North Cultural Special Use Precinct can be eligible for a 50% discount
- Applies to applications lodged from 1 December 2017 to 31 December 2019
- Development must be within a Priority Infrastructure Area.
Find out more today by visiting this link or by contacting Rockhampton Regional Council’s Economic Development Team to talk about your specific requirements.