The history of Rockhampton is largely a tale of resourceful investors turning potential into profit. The story continues today, with the region continuously adapting and evolving its industries to fit the economic drivers of the modern world, while still supported by traditional industries like mining and agriculture. The region provides a number of cost advantages including competitively priced land, energy and construction costs. Queensland has a low business cost environment and the Queensland Government works to maintain a competitive tax environment for business.
Fortuitous natural assets including strategic location, resources, land suitability and water security are bolstered by multiple secure industries and infrastructure that support continued growth. Combined with a growing population, these assets cement the Rockhampton Region for significant growth and investment opportunities.
The time to invest in this region is now:
- the strategic benefits of the region have been identified by all tiers of government
- Significant new developments in the public and private sector are underway, bucking the trend for regional Australia
- Australia’s most secure water supply can support population growth of 33% and agricultural investment of $5billion
- Employment possibilities are supported by a rich and diverse lifestyle, health, sport and education facilities
- Industry diversity provides a robust and secure economy more protected from economic downturns than other regional areas
Explore the exceptional investment potential of the region with some of the strongest economic growth in Australia over recent years. The region is rich with potential and unique characteristics – giving rise to a culture that attracts and nurtures ambitious entrepreneurs. Investors can be inspired by the scale of opportunity and the richness of possibilities in the region, prime to build infrastructure, explore untapped natural resources and expand health and education facilities.