Ideally positioned for national and international trade
Opportunities for profitable investments abound in the Rockhampton Region. Our central location in Queensland along major transport routes and proximity to major mining and natural resource development has outstanding potential to drive growth and prosperity.
- Land with wide variety of arable soils and favourable climatic conditions
- A large, experienced population for your workforce, with nearly 500,000 people within a 3½ hour catchment
- Access to higher order health, education, retail and business services
- Easy access to key road, air, rail and sea networks and developed infrastructure
- Available serviced industrial land on the northern and south west corridors for processing and service light, medium and heavy industries
- Comparatively low cost of living and an enviable lifestyle
- Proactive Council and State agencies supporting agricultural and industrial development.
At the local government level we understand that our strategic investment in critical infrastructure, projects and facilities which make full use of the unparalleled advantages of the Rockhampton region leads to the development of business and industry. In turn, this leads to greater engagement by Rockhampton businesses with national and international markets, producing high quality goods and services to trade with the rest of the world. Download the Economic Development Strategy Summary Report, and the Fitzroy Agribusiness Opportunities brochure to explore how our investments support your enterprise.
At a national and state level, Australia is politically stable and all levels of governments actively work to create a business-friendly environment. Queensland provides a low cost environment for doing business and the Queensland Government aims to maintain competitive tax requirements for business.
The Rockhampton Region offers strong links to Australian and overseas agents for investment and promotion of local business to international markets, and is home to dedicated State and Federal government-funded specialist Trade & Investment Queensland and Austrade exporter services. Business Queensland offers local mentoring to assist Queensland businesses to grow and succeed in the current business environment.