2022 Major Events Media Kit
Rockhampton. It's alive with events.
Events play a key role in fostering regional tourism and economic development and can be considered a cost-effective way of promoting a region and it’s attractions - as an event grows, it attracts more tourists in its own right¹.
With Rare Spares Rockynats 01 generating $4.76 million in direct and incremental expenditure for the region alone, we know that major events bring economic benefits to the Rockhampton region, with visitors spending money on accommodation, in our cafes and restaurants, on event tickets, on tourist attractions and of course in our local businesses.
Event traveller profile²:
- Average trip length is 3.4 nights
- Will generally stay with friends and family, in hotels, motels and caravan parks
- Will generally drive to the destination
- Outside of event tickets, will spend most of their money on food and drink (on average $313 per trip), followed by accommodation (on average $479 per trip)
- Outside of attending events, enjoy sightseeing, going to markets, attending the theatre, concerts and other performing arts.
From burnouts to pop culture to bull riding to food and wine, there is something for everyone on Rockhampton’s 2022 major events calendar.
The Explore Rockhampton ‘2022 Major Events’ campaign is a digital campaign aimed at driving visitation to major events from within the regions 4hr drive and SEQ markets, increasing visitor numbers and spend throughout our region.
The Explore Rockhampton major events media kit includes:
- Campaign Toolkit
- Events Calendar
- Promotional video
- Hero images and promotional videos for Rockhampton major events
Download media kit
1 Tourism Events Queensland
2 Tourism Research Australia ‘Festivals and Events’ traveller profile