Events epicentre of CQ
Advance Rockhampton is building on the Tourism and Events Queensland Events Strategy 2025 that explores the enormous economic and social value for local communities that hosting events can generate.
Capitalising on the natural resources and unique attributes of the region, Rockhampton will be known as the Events Capital of Central Queensland. The Rockhampton Region is a diverse community and we are becoming recognised as the perfect place to host a range of community and commercial events.
The Rockhampton Region is a great destination for your next event. Offering dependable infrastructure, a major Australian Regional airport which services Rockhampton and Central Queensland, with flights to Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Mackay, Proserpine, Townsville, Cairns and soon to be Melbourne, 4.5 star hotels, a stunning Riverside Precinct and picture-perfect backdrops – now is the time to consider the region as your preferred venue.
Our Events Best Practice Guide(PDF, 2MB) is designed to assist organisers of new and existing events and festivals.
Advance Rockhampton is continually bidding and attracting a wide range of state and national events to the region. The Rockhampton region also hosts a range of other major events including:
- Rockynats - Queensland's largest car festival showcasing some of the wildest modified cars in the country
- Beef Australia – Australia’s national beef expo and one of the world’s great beef cattle events held every three years
- Rockhampton River Festival – Central Queensland’s largest winter festival
- CapriCon – Central Queensland’s own Steampunk and Pop Culture Convention
Check out Rockhampton's 2022 Major Events Calendar(PDF, 4MB) for an overview of what's on in the region.
The Rockhampton Region has a proud sporting history, and is home to national, international and Olympic standard sporting facilities that nurture beginners to athletes. We proudly claim to be breeding champions, excelling in sports and recreation with many national sporting heroes getting their start in this region.
The Rockhampton region features:
- Browne Park – Home of the CQ Capras Queensland Cup Rugby League team and host to a 2021 NRL Semi-Final
- Kenrick Tucker Velodrome - National standard cycling
- Victoria Park Tennis Centre - 19 international tennis courts plus an additional 5 full-size plexi-pave courts, two of which have international standard lighting
- Rowing Course – used by the Australian Rowing team on a regular basis.
- Hockey - the Region hosted the 2019 Oceania Cup, an international field hockey competition and qualifier for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics
Download the Rockhampton Sporting Destination Guide for a complete profile of the vast number of major sporting complexes and venues across Rockhampton.
As the capital of Central Queensland, Rockhampton is the leading meetings, incentives, conferences and events destination in the region. With award-winning accommodation and event spaces throughout the revitalised CBD Riverside Precinct, delegates can have authentic experiences within the natural wonders of our region and in state-of-the-art conference facilities. Download the Rockhampton Business Events Guide for a detailed insight into:
- Conference and function spaces
- Sporting complexes and venues
- Catering, styling, event hire and AV vendors
- Team building and social activity options
- Grant schemes and sponsorship information, and
- Accommodation options
Our Tourism Unit can provide tailored Welcome Packs which includes guides to introduce and welcome your guests to the best the region has to offer - email the team for further details.