Adani Carmichael mine and rail project
Where will it be?
Galilee Basin, 160 km north-west of Clermont, more than 300km from the Queensland coast
200km narrow gauge rail line connecting to the existing rail network and providing freight transport between the Galilee Basin and the Port of Abbot Point.
Open-cut coal mine starting at 10-15 million tonnes per annum, ramping up over time to produce 27.5 million tonnes per annum. The project will also see the development of a railway line, campsite and an airport.
- Open cut mine
- 200km narrow gauge railway line
- Coal handling and processing plant
- Heavy industrial area
- Water-supply infrastructure
- Off-site infrastructure, including workers' accommodation village and airport
- Construction activities for mine infrastructure: mine workers accommodation village, roadworks, power and construction water supply
- Construction of the open-cut mine
NUMBER OF JOB CREATIONS
- 1,500 jobs on mine and rail during initial ramp up and construction
- Supply chain impact / economic impact